Saturday, September 04, 2010

There's an App For That ...

This week a guest was so eager to get here that she forgot her swim suit, a first-time-ever event at Chez Sven. The incident got the gears going in my head. Since I'm not an iPhone-user, I sought help from my son Paul in composing this post:

Forgot your bathing suit? There’s an app for that. Switch on your iPhone and download the handy-dandy Where's My Bathing Suit? app to find a convenient location where you can purchase, borrow or loan a bathing suit. Select Cape Cod. View images of local bathing beauties, then activate Woman, Man, or Child under Where’s My Suit? You will automatically be directed to the closest swimwear shopping opportunity and the most progressive shop owner or innkeeper, thanks to the GPS system that is incorporated in every iPhone. Browse through a wide selection of colors and sizes, from bikinis to retro-beachwear. You can find reviews of the different options and quickly locate the shop with the nicest designs. Should no shop be available near your favorite beach, you will be directed to a good-natured local person ready to loan you a bathing suit. In this case, simply touch the B&B icon. Where’s my Bathing Suit? will automatically map out your route to the appropriate innkeeper, ready to please your bathing suit needs. If no inns or B&Bs have signed up for the recycling program, the App will provide thrift and swap shop addresses, with hours of operation, as an alternative. Where’s My Bathing Suit? is the fastest way to find appropriate swimwear on Cape Cod, and it’s all on your iPhone ...