Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Beauty of Wellfleet

A reader recently wrote in the comments, “You are blessed to live in the most beautiful place in the world.” Often I wax lyrical about how fortunate Sven and I are to live here, and it's true, there’s beauty all around: the ocean, the bay, the harbor, the ponds, the rolling landscape.

Even Wellfleet village is picturesque, don't you think? I don’t know I would say the Outer Cape is the MOST beautiful place in the world, but were God to have drawn up a list of beautiful places right after creation, Wellfleet would surely have been near the top. Check out the wide expanse of sand on our deserted beaches and the dunes:


Since we have a French camera crew staying at Chez Sven this week and the Frenchmen do not have the time to see everything, I thought I’d post a few older posts that give an idea of Wellfleet's physical beauty.

The Importance of Dreams

Winter In Wellfleet

Which Wellfleet Pond Do You Prefer?

Newcomb Hollow Beach, Late Afternoon

On the Importance of Beauty