Saturday, June 23, 2012

Walking to a Wellfleet Kettle Pond

“How do we get to Dyer Pond?” (I provided directions.) “What time does PB open for dinner?” (“5:00 for dinner. Can I help you make a reservation?”), “Do we need a beach sticker today?” (“Not today, but Saturday and throughout the summer until Labor Day, yes, everyone needs a beach sticker.”) Yesterday I felt like I was answering questions all day long. Two of our couples are from France, so I’ve actually been answering many of the questions in French. These two French girls, for instance, went biking, using the map of Wellfleet that I provided. They love it here. Who wouldn't? Wellfleet is so beautiful. We also have return guests who were hot and sweaty upon arrival yesterday. They couldn’t wait to get into Dyer Pond. After a swim, they headed for the ocean, which was, and I quote, "As flat as a pancake." Then it was off to dinner at Winslow's Tavern. Ah, for the life of a tourist ...