Monday, March 16, 2009

A March Day in the Life


After my morning coffee, I checked emails and responded to a request for accommodation. We also had confirmation of a cottage booking for one week in July. Since then, I have been working on my writing projects, as I do every morning in off-peak months and will continue to do all day. If the weather turns sunny this afternoon, I will do spring clean-up in the yard. I planned to order new bedspreads today but decided to wait until mid-April since we are still using down comforters. Sven has been busy completing the brick walk between the cottage and the main house, which will help prevent muddy tracks in the cottage kitchen when it rains. At noon, we splurged on sandwiches from Box Lunch. The size has changed, like Campbell’s soup cans. Same price, less sandwich. How unfortunate! Here at Chez Sven, we lowered our rates for May and June for Main House rooms, except Memorial Day weekend, to help people out, but strangely enough the rush is on for July and August, when rates are higher …