Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Morning Update on Lecount Hollow Beach

Last night the phone rang at 10:10. Now, one way to displease an innkeeper right off the bat is to call after bedtime … Since I get up early to make breakfast for guests, as innkeepers are wont to do, I also do not stay up all night. What’s more, yesterday I had taken a long morning walk at Lecount Hollow. Sven and I usually walk in the afternoon, so it was a joy to see the sunshine sparkling off the waves. I noticed that the strange beach formation, reported last week, has disappeared.What with the incredible weather yesterday, the view was amazing. Even the cliffs along the beach were a festival for the eyes. Today a film crew from England takes possession of the parking lot for the live documentary about the Whydah, which sank in 1717.