Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mac’s Shack Gets New Picture Window

A couple days ago Sven and I dined at “The Shack.” We had not been for a year and were eager to see the changes. Scratch that. Improvements. The fisherman on the roof has had facelift.
There’s one new pub-type bench in the dining room, where we sat. The sushi bar had been repositioned. And, there was a marvelous new pane-glass window, overlooking Duck Creek, with the Congregational Church in the distance. Talk about improvement! What a fabulous view folks eating sushi will have this summer. Unfortunately, I’m not a sushi fan, so I had bluefish, my first of the season. Sven surprised me by ordering steak. Our waitress, Kaitlin, explained she was new to Mac’s staff and hailed from California, but was of Irish ancestry. She was pleasant, cute and very efficient. Since it was Monday night, there was no line, which I appreciated, even though the restaurant was full. Our guests are always delighted by their dinners at Mac’s.