Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chez Sven Sponsors Fleet Moves

Lots of movement at the marina this past weekend. Remember last week when I blogged about Fleet Moves? Sometimes quick decisions need to be taken. The time was ten past one yesterday afternoon. Minutes were ticking away and soon the opportunity to support Wellfleet’s newest festival would draw to a close. I still had several questions about the “unique dance film” we would receive in exchange for our support.
Sky Freyss-Cole was in a meeting. I emailed Zena Bibler. Her response came a couple minutes after the Kickstarter deadline had passed. As a member of the Economic Development Committee, I believe in economic development and following through on that belief with investment. Two of the main venues for the festival are Preservation Hall and Farm. I had met Susie Nielson of Farm last December. Sven and I always enjoy visiting her gallery on Commercial Street, where I interviewed Sky. Since Sven and I want to see a Wellfleet festival, created by young people, succeed, we decided to go ahead and become an official sponsor of Fleet Moves. Yay! Hope you will plan to attend one of the events July 5-8. Get moving, reserve your tickets today.