Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Juice: EXQUISITE CUISINE!

The Juice is a small, intimate restaurant on the corner of Commercial and Bank Streets in downtown Wellfleet. “Exquisite Cuisine” says the sign above the door. Indeed, past guests have reported great organic food for two summers now. The Juice is only open in summer, the one season when I usually stay close to home. But now my son is visiting, so at last I have the opportunity to see for myself. If you like pizza in an informal setting, try The Juice. Smoothies your thing? The Juice serves seven different varieties, the most popular being Maui Wowie. The pineapple, coconut and banana mixture tasted so good my granddaughter didn’t want to stop drinking it! This is where the young people, who live here year round, go for dinner. The Juice is affordable and the service comes with a big smile. You can eat outside or in, with Latino music playing softly in the background. Recent guests from Colorado raved about the fish tacos and the local organic greens in their salad. What I decided to try were the baked oysters. Yum! I also had one of the evening's specials, striped bass with kale and acorn squash (below). What can I say? Exquisite!