Monday, June 15, 2009

Sven’s Sneakers Get Washed!


Sven's sneakers looked so amazing on the line drying that I had to take a picture and share it with blog readers. Here is his explanation: “I had been working in the garden with my wife. I have different kinds of shoes. Some are working shoes, and some are not. After we had entered the house, she started complaining, “What is that weird smell?” I realized it was my shoes. Actually, the same thing had happened to me in Paris many years ago when two of my sons and a Canadian friend came back from a three-month trip through Asia. I picked them up at the airport, drove them home, and then – they – took – off – their – shoes! I said, “What on earth is going on? Is there a dead animal in your rucksack?” Apparently it was their shoes. So, yesterday, after Sandy did three loads of laundry, I washed my sneakers and hung them up to dry.”