Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Time to Let Our Voices Be Heard ...

Wellfleetians may have noticed new banners recently, created by Clean Water Art Action Cape Cod. There’s one outside Box Lunch for all to admire. Another is strapped to the trees at the intersection of Main Street and Long Pond Road, above. I know some of you depend on me for regular updates on the herbicide situation, so here goes. The end of the moratorium is coming up fast, December 31. Our legislators are well ware of this deadline. In fact, Laura Kelley reports that she spoke with Senator Dan Wolf and Seth Rolbein at the celebration for the Harwich Conservation Trust last weekend. I cannot share their exact words but did get the message: now is the time to get loud again and make sure our voices are heard on this important issue, the possible contamination of our sole-source aquifer by NStar. (Anyone who would like my help with a letter to the editor, let me know.)