Saturday, June 25, 2011

Anyone For Donuts on the Outer Cape?

I admit I would never, ever walk into a Dunkin' Donuts shop, especially the new Dunkin' Donuts in Wellfleet. There would have to be some sort of emergency, like my granddaughter was choking on a Dancing Deer brownie, and we happened to be in the parking lot already at Cove Corners. So, when my son asked for the nearest donut shop, I cringed. Why did they have to eat donuts on Saturday?? How about a nice croissant from PB Boulangerie Bistro?

"Dunkin' Donuts managed to get a spot at Cove Corners," I croaked.

That happened the first Saturday of their visit. The donuts did not pass muster. Yuck.

The following weekend, my son asked if there wasn't a better donuts shop on the Outer Cape.

"At the Fairway?" I said. "It's in Eastham. I've heard they make awesome donuts."

Turns out the name of the donut shop is "Hole in One." My granddaughter ate half a raspberry donut. The donuts were delicious. Even I had one!