Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I Missed Today's Harbor & Marina Meeting

The leaves are falling, what with the rain and wind. The Japanese Maple beside the house shed all her leaves, like throwing off clothes all at once. I looked out at breakfast, and the tree was clothed. By noon, the leaves were on the ground. Sven and I sat and chatted with our Green Room guests this morning. The discussion inspired Sven to blog ....There is an all-day event at the school today which I would have liked to have attended and reported on, but alas, I was doing other things, preparing rooms for Liberty Coin guests who arrive this afternoon. The program sounded really interesting. It could be summarized as Everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-Wellfleet-Harbor-and-marina. While waiting for the second set of guests to arrive, I also helped Sven post his second Distant Mirror Blog, this time recounting his memories of the Second World War in the Swedish village of Eksharad. Do read it and encourage him to write more.