Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wellfleetian Records Tar Sands Pipeline Protest Song

Wellfleet's Jerusha wrote a protest song that is now available on YouTube: "I wrote a song en route to Washington last month, and sang it in front of the White House, where I was arrested (not for singing!) along with 1251 others in the Tar Sands Action for sustainable energy and against Keystone XL pipeline, the largest civil disobedience on this continent in this century, so far. There will be other relevant actions on Sept 24 via moving-planet.org and in October via tarsandsaction.org. When I got home we recorded the song, and just did a new version (with Rick Arnoldi, Scott Trask and Paula Erickson). Doug Grandt used the song in a video and posted it on YouTube."

Also, today is the day to call President Obama and urge him to reject the Tar Sands pipeline, backed by the Koch Brothers, as well as to request a ban on fracking. Call the White House at 202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414 between 9 am and 5 pm EDT today. "Hello my name is _, I live in (City, State) and I want fracking banned and a sane, renewable energy policy for this country." What are you waiting for? Make that call now!