Monday, September 19, 2011

Memorable Quotes from the Summer of 2011

Jamie (son-in-law): “I ran around Long Pond. It was really gorgeous, peaceful, quiet, with no one there.”

Paul (guest): “You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Do you realize that?”

Me to Alan (guest): “Did you have a good day? Did you see whales?”

Alan, with a big grin: “Loads!”

Dick Morrill (from Facebook): “HEY!! Yeah, I'm talking to you, the guy in charge of summer. You call this summer? I've seen summer, and I know summer, and this ain't no ‘summer.’ This is, what? A warm spell? And, what's with all that rain. 
Jeez. Now Texas, they're having a summer. Over 100 degrees every day. See, that's what we could have if we had Rick Perry praying for us. Well, no way he's ever going to pray for a state like Massachusetts... Oh well, I'm going to get my jacket and go to the beach.”

Betsy (return guest): “And, he irons, too?”

Sven: “We can’t live in a more beautiful place. We have to appreciate it. Carpe Diem!”