Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wellfleet Connections to Julia Child

Julie & Julia is playing at the Wellfleet movie theater again this week. I have heard many reports about how good Meryl Streep is in the film and cannot wait to see it. I know a non-resident on Slough Pond who actually lived across the street from Julia Child in Cambridge for many years and even remembers when Julia’s kitchen was dismantled for transportation to the Smithsonian. I wonder what Julia would think of my new kitchen? At least, the Le Creuset dish is in obvious use! I started using Le Creuset when I lived outside Paris. In an amusing promotion, I Love Inns has pulled together information about Julia Child’s influence on innkeepers. A writer called me last week for an interview, since I had answered their questionnaire in what must have been considered a provocative way. I was happy to oblige. In fact, Julia Child did influence me greatly and the I Love Inns piece does a fantastic job of explaining why.