Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Jeff Hollender Writes About His Own Body Burdern

Today I received this photo of me and Sven, taken by one of our guests a week ago, during the hybrid storm Danny. We look happy. If we knew what our body burden was, we might not be smiling so broadly ... I journeyed off Cape this morning for a bi-annual appointment with my whole health doctor, whom I have chosen to see since I contracted Lyme Disease from a tick bite, three years ago. After the antibiotics, I took an herb, Cat’s Claw, as well as Transfer Factor Basics. We are not sure if all the spirochetes are gone, but we sure hope so. The alternative medicine office, where I was today, also does chelation, to help with Body Burden, an issue I find even more worrisome these days since NStar wants to spay herbicides beneath the power lines and the toxic chemicals will end up in our water supply. I do not want more chemicals to enter our bodies. Metals are bad enough. Some are tough to remove and can impact health. Seventh Generation’s Jeffrey Holeander had his body burden calculated recently. The test is expensive, but he chose to take the leap in order to educate the rest of us. On his blog, The Inspired Protagonist, Jeff posts information, which I find extremely worthwhile, so, rather than summarize, I recommend you all read the first three installments. The first is entitled Understanding Body Burden. The second is about the BPA in his blood. This week lead is the metal Jeff discovered in high amounts. It's good to be aware of these things ...