Thursday, December 30, 2010

End-of-Year Update ...

I cannot believe 2010 is almost over! I have been posting daily to this blog for over one year and a half, sharing numerous photos of the ocean, like the one above, taken at Newcomb Hollow this week, and offering my impressions of Wellfleet, a town for all seasons. In the coming weeks, my posts will become more infrequent because writing a daily place-blog is not something I can very well accomplish from afar. Be sure to check out the Discover Wellfleet site, which offers fabulous photos of our town, as well as tons of information on what's happening here. Did you know W.H.A.T. is holding a Jacques Tati festival this week? Or, that New Year's eve at PB Boulangerie Bistro costs $190 for a five-course meal with champagne and the event is sold out? During the month of January, Stephanie Stiavetti will pinch-hit, reporting on her impressions of living on Cape Cod. I expect Wellfleet to be a totally new experience for this gal from San Francisco. Let's hope it doesn't snow too often or too hard! It will be interesting for us all, myself included, to experience our beloved town through the eyes of a talented writer, who is a newcomer to these parts. I hope you will welcome Stephanie warmly. In the meantime, check out her fabulous blog about eating gluten free at The Culinary Life.