Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Foliage & Discover Wellfleet

The fall foliage on the Outer Cape is not as spectacular as in, say, Vermont, but the maple, in front of Chez Sven, is looking mighty good this year. I thought the leaves would all turn brown, instead of yellow, and fall off, but no. Check out the color above. This tree is one of the first things I see in the morning. I look out the window at the antique table in our garden and think about all the lovely guests who have eaten there over the past summer. One of the first things I do next is check e-mail. Then, often I read the headlines on the new Discover Wellfleet site. (I don't know how many of you have added this step to your daily schedule but you might want to consider doing so.)

Today, in skimming headlines, I clicked through to an op-ed in the Cape Cod Times. Brent Harold has written a piece about whether or not formula restaurants are appropriate in Wellfleet. Anyone who reads this blog knows I was not too happy about the arrival of Dunkin' Donuts. What I would like to see is more restaurants, unique to Wellfleet, open year-round. We had a guest from Milan this summer, who noticed the success of PB Boulangerie Bistro and suggested the town might do well to acquire a real Italian restaurant as well. What do you think?

Do you find the Discover Wellfleet site useful? How do you like it? Can you think of any improvements?