Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog Reader Makes My Day

All I can say is, "Wow!" Anne calls. Who’s Anne? Anne has a house on Ocean View Drive, only her house is occupied by relatives and therefore other accommodations are required.

“Do you have a room available tonight?” she asks.

Uh-oh. We are full this week, no rooms available. But, Anne sounds so nice ...

I am about to answer when she adds, “I’ve seen your blog and it’s absolutely charming.”

Oh, my. Cue orchestra playing, flower petals floating through the air, champagne bottles being uncorked. Anne is one lady who just made my day. On an evening where I have been thinking of blog abandonment in order to spend more time on other writing, I feel myself being transported yet again by the knowledge that I do touch people and make a difference in the lives of those who, like me, love Wellfleet.

Are you one of them? What makes Wellfleet so special? What would you like me to photograph this fall? Do you dream of Wellfleet all year long?