Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Problems an Innkeeper Sometimes Faces ...

Every once and a while things break down. That happened today with our washing machine. It has run perfectly, cycle after cycle, for five years. Now, in the middle of high season, it decided enough was enough. The thing no longer spins. I had to remove the contents, call the repairman, wash the linens by hand, hang them up wet to dry, wringing both my sheets and my hands during the experience. The repairman will not be able to come until Tuesday, so then I had to order some new sheets, earlier than planned, in order to be sure we had enough for the guests to come later this week. As if losing the washing machine was not bad enough, the bathtub in Liberty Coin Suite decided to back up while I was rinsing the sheets! Fortunately, Sven was able to solve that problem.