Friday, August 22, 2008

Need to Relax? Get a Wellfleet Massage

Pain in my neck, the result of too much computer last month, made me decide it was time for a professional massage. Wellfleet offers many great massage options. I chose to call Tracy Plaut, based on the recommendation of a summer guest who is a chiropractor and went more than once during his three-night stay at Chez Sven. I was not disappointed. The séance began with Tracy requesting my medical history. I then mounted the steps into a unique space, perfect for its purpose: complete relaxation. We chatted during the massage, making me realize we had common friends. I appreciated the fact that she had fit me in despite other evening plans. Tracy explained with a gentle smile that her lunch hour, too, had been turned over to a client with pain. She does her best to receive anyone in pain as soon as she can. I asked about the competition from Quiet Minds down Commercial Street, and learned there is enough business in town to create a non-competitive referral system, based on a patient's needs. Tracy has a background as a nurse and also does reflexology. She has been in Wellfleet two years but already has quite a clientele, and no wonder. The massage was wonderful.