Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Wellfleet Jingle, Jingle, Jingles All the Way

There was an amazing amount of interest in my post last week about "mystery shells," which I find at Duck Harbor. Then, I took a walk with Alice at Lieutenant's Island and mentioned the shells again. Above, the roof of a birdhouse, from one of the Preservation Hall birdhouse auctions. Let me share a comment that I received yesterday by email:

"Hi Sandy. I believe the name of the shell that you have featured in your blog is a jingle shell. Your blog is great! And, thank you so much for donating 75 per cent of your new e-book's proceeds to the Wellfleet Food Pantry. We really welcome it. Our clients' needs have increased by 40% this past year."

This email was from Bev Warren, a volunteer at Wellfleet Food Pantry.

As you enjoy the restaurants of Wellfleet this summer, you might want to consider making a donation to the Food Pantry, too. Find details on this post from 2010.