Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Wellfleet, for the Fourth of July? You Betcha!

Happy Fourth of July!! Everyone in town tomorrow will notice the beautiful posters for my eBook that have blossomed on doorways and windows. Above, Hatch's produce stand. And, below, a shot of the window at Hatch's fish store.

I plan to march in the Wellfleet parade, so please say hi if you see me. Feel free to shout at the top of your lungs, “Love your blog!” I have had two invitations: march with Cape Cool or the Recycling Commission. You can’t miss me. I plan to wear the cover of my eBook.

Usually I report on the parade. I love the parade. But, not today. Marching means the impossibility of shooting photos of the floats as they pass by.

I decided, in today’s post, to mention some changes that are coming to this blog. First off, we are moving. Not me and Sven. The blog will be moving, archives and all. My brilliant techie son has created a separate site for Wellfleet Today. It may take his less brilliant mom time to figure out how to post, and I hope you will be patient with me.

Remember how I asked everyone who follows to recruit ten people to buy Wellfleet, An Insider’s Guide to Cape Cod’s Trendiest Town? There will be ample opportunity with the crowds of July and August around to find potential readers. Anytime you see someone with an e-reader, tell him or her about this wonderful new book that has won raves on Amazon. Well, you don’t have to say that, but something to that effect. And tell them to buy it from my author’s site.

I actually did exactly what I just described today, in front of Karol Richardson. A woman sat on the step, with her Kindle open. When I told her about the eBook, that it cost only $2.99 and that 75% of the proceeds were going to the Food Pantry, she immediately bought a copy.

So, be the first to convince ten people to buy the book and you win a prize. The prize is pretty cool. No, it is not a stay at Chez Sven. I will announce the prize around July 18, in two weeks. (A similar item will be auctioned off at the Preservation Hall Travel & Art Auction July 22.) Recruit ten people and provide me with their names. The first person to do so, wins. You do not need to live in Wellfleet to participate. Entries are allowed internationally. The prize can be shipped worldwide. This contest runs until noon Monday 23 July 2012. The winner will be announced on or before Wednesday 25 of July 2012. Good luck!