Saturday, February 23, 2008

Grief from Greef ...

Renovation is known to be a challenge. Sven and I are fed up with the chaos and must move out of the cottage since guests arrive in a week. In fact, nothing has gone right of late. Only one third of the recovered floorboards went in on Friday. Every time I walked through the house the carpenters seemed to be scratching their heads, unsure of the optimum installation technique. It turns out the kick space heater needs a trapdoor in the custom cabinet, according to the plumber who stopped by to deliver this news. And, to make matters worse, upon my return from ordering the Greff Saltbox House paper for the new bedroom, the wallpaper lady called to say the pattern has been discontinued now that Greff belongs to Schumacher. Boy, did I feel blue then! Of course, there are other options, but we spent a month making up our mind …. But, this morning, my spirit got a lift when I pulled up the Green Guide online and read Kathy Shorr’s blog Home Green Home, this week all about Chez Sven!