Friday, June 04, 2010

Bonus Post: Newcomb Hollow Beach, This Afternoon

Strips of green and blue made the ocean seem even more beautiful than usual this afternoon at Newcomb Hollow. On our walk, we saw people with dogs, men with surfboards, children playing in shallow water left behind by the tide. The water in this channel must have been nicely warmed by the sun because I overhead one little girl say, "Now let's go sit in our warmer bathtub." Actually, the sea was quite warm, too, although no one was swimming. I saw my very first e-book reader (right). Quite a few people were out walking long distances, and they seemed overweight, as Sven pointed out, so walking for exercise, I presume. Several fishermen arrived, staking out a claim to a prime location with their fishing poles. Sven picked up this clam shell, jewel-like on the inside, and asked me to take a photograph to share with blog readers ...