Friday, September 14, 2007

A September Day in the Life


My day started with a trip to Orleans, shopping for organic fruit and other staples. I also went there – to Staples – for recycled paper. Back home, I vacuumed Seagull Cottage and made the beds while Sven cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. After lunch, we proceeded to exercise our cleaning skills in Liberty Coin Suite. The sky was deep blue and more than once I thought how nice it would be to take a walk later in the afternoon. While I was picking zinnias in the cutting garden, a red car appeared. Ginia Pati, representing the Cape Cod Institute in neighboring Eastham, told me Institute guests have expressed a desire to stay in bed & breakfasts, rather than hotels. Her mission was to sell advertising to innkeepers. I sat down with her and explained Wellfleet innkeepers do not need to advertise in June, July and August when the Institute holds courses. We had a nice visit, nonetheless, and she left me the latest issue of Cape Healing Arts magazine, whose theme this fall is everything green. Sven and I were ready for our guests at 2, but they did not arrive until 5:30. My plan to go to the beach? Foiled again!