Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rockin' Out with Paintbrush Thanks to Dunes 102.3 FM

The sun broke through the clouds this afternoon here
in Wellfleet after a morning of drenching rain. I did not much notice the weather because I was inside, painting doors for our new B&B room. Luckily oldies were playing on the radio. Tuned in to Dunes 102.3 FM, I rocked out with paintbrush in hand. At last the Cape has an Oldies station! Van, Van, our wonderful tileman introduced us. Since I was once a DJ in Paris, memories of spinning records came flooding back and with them the urge to return to radio. But, for now, this innkeeper has transformed herself into Painter Extraordinare. We cannot wait for life to resume as normal once this renvation is done. Gas prices are up, reservations are down. I posted a few specials for April and May, hopeful that guests can enjoy more than just our cottage by then.