Friday, December 14, 2007

You Got ... Windows!

Wellfleet had nine inches of heavy wet snow last night. This morning it was melting fast, but we all had achy muscles from shoveling and cringe at the idea there is another snowstorm on the way this weekend. The carpenters are making good progress. They put all the windows in today and will trim them out on Monday. I regret to say I am going at a slower pace with my research on foam insulation. It is hard to know whom to believe. Open-cell, closed cell. Each installer says his product is best and others are not to be believed. Go figure! Seems experience plays a role as well. I am getting an estimate for bio-based insulation, since I was able to find a foam installer in the Boston area who is willing to work on Cape Cod. Meanwhile, thanks to the article in the Globe, Seagull Cottage is now booked all summer. There are still a couple weeks in September up for grabs …