Friday, January 19, 2007

A January Day in the Life

The day began with a visit from the folks at Bayberry. With the help of a mini-excavator, they removed five stumps from the edge of the forest, on the far side of Seagull Cottage. This procedure took several hours. There will be more sun now. I plan to plant the bank with cosmos, a flower which lingers well into the fall, a less expensive option to intensive landscaping with broom and roses, a project for an upcoming winter. As everyone knows, January is the month for White Sales. I perused a couple catalogues, then placed an order with old favorite Cuddledown. Their down pillows cannot be beat. Right after I hung up the phone, our friend Nate called to discuss preliminaries for the all-green room we will create next November. (Yes, we think ahead here at Chez Sven!) After lunch, Sven and I drove to Orleans to view wallpaper for my mom’s old room. We lugged four big wallpaper books back home, prior to making a decision. Once I had lined up our wallpaper expert, Audrey Danforth, who will stop by as soon as we choose our wallpaper, Sven and I finally took a quick walk on the beach. There is nothing like the beauty of the wild ocean …