Monday, May 14, 2012

Cape Codders Protest Pilgrim at Sagamore Bridge

“Construction Keeps Cape Traffic Clogged” read the headline this morning. I looked online for news of yesterday’s protest at the bridge but found none.
Last week the Cape Cod Times published a profile of one of the leaders of the movement to stop the re-licensing of the nuclear plant. I wrote about this issue in an earlier post. I also published a letter my post inspired, and Rep. Peake's response. There is no evacuation plan for Cape Cod. None is possible. Senator Dan Wolf and Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley have also taken a position on Pilgrim. I would have participated in the bridge protest but we had friends from France here and went to PB Boulangerie Bistro instead. I admire the protesters who spent their Mother's Day beside the bridge.
This morning I found some photos in my in-box, so I am passing a few on to you. I did not see anyone I recognized from Wellfleet, but one of the protesters was a prominent doctor from Provincetown. How do you feel about Pilgrim?