Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Greetings From A Wellfleet Newbie

Hi everyone, this is Stephanie Stiavetti. As Sandy mentioned recently, I'll be staying here at Chez Sven for January and some of February while she and Sven are away in Cambridge, tending to matters there. While I'm here in town, I'll be posting to the Chez Sven blog about what it's like to be a new person in Wellfleet (especially during a time when half the business are closed)! I'm excited about visiting, and who knows? Maybe I'll fall in love and stick around forever like a few of the locals I've met so far.

A bit about me:
  • I'm a freelance food writer hailing from the San Francisco Bay Area.
  • I'm also a freelance web developer and SEO consultant, but that's not really what I love to do.
  • I dabble in public radio, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in the world. Do you write or produce radio? Then we should talk.
  • I'm 33 years old.
  • I love to cook and spend most of my waking hours thinking about, preparing, or eating delicious things.
  • I've got purple hair (yes, you read that right).
  • City life doesn't suit me and my interests tend more towards rural permaculture, including gardening, farming, foraging, etc.
  • I'm shy at first, but once my personality takes over, I'm bubbly and love to talk.
  • I like bullet-point lists. ;)

If you want to learn more about me, you can find me at my food blog Wasabimon - though one of the projects I'm working on while I'm here is to move my site to a new domain over at The Culinary Life. You can also find me online at The Huffington Post, Bay Area Bites, and on Facebook and Twitter. Considering my interests, you'll most likely run into me at the grocery store or library, where I'll probably spend most of my time. If you see a gal walking around with purple hair, please stop and say hello!