Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Wonderful "Water" Exhibit Opens In Wellfleet


"I came to Cape Cod because of the water. Well .... not exactly. It was the margin between the water and the land that I came for ...." So begins curator Terry Gips' introduction to the catalog of a new exhibit, half at our library, half at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, until the end of the month. My photo, above, is not a part of "Water." I simply posted the photo because I had thought of submitting last winter when I happened upon an announcement downtown but the deadline had already passed.

"It's a wonderful exhibit, one of the best I've seen," pronounced Jaya Karlson, folding up a yoga mat after a session in the library hearing room, whose walls were adorned with paintings, photos, collages depicting ... water.

I agree. "Kettle Pond Swimmer" by Mark Adams particularly caught my eye.

Get out and see this exhibit! In itself, "Water" is worth a trip to Wellfleet.