Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Onward!

With the burst of warmth in the air this morning, Wellfleet has the feel of spring. Fortunately, we are springing forward with renovation. The wallboard folks stopped by to give an estimate. The design for the kitchen cupboards arrived and was accepted by the building inspector. And, now I have received an estimate from March & Martin for bio-based insulation. I would have loved to go bio, but the cost proved to be almost three times more. Anyone who has read my earlier blog on green insulation knows how I labored over this decision. We got three estimates. I decided to go with Icynene because it has already proved itself for years. Foam was not my first choice, but, hey! We live in the woods and one goal is to keep varmints out. Icynene will provide R-28.8 on the underside of the roof. The bio in bio-based is less than 50% of the product. So-o-o we are off and running. Check out the great period carpentry work on the windows, created by Rick Buckley. Shingles are all done. Electricity is almost hooked up. This week the floor goes back in ...