Friday, March 23, 2007

A March Day in the Life ...

We have lovely people from England this week, so we chatted while I was hanging laundry. Sheet inventory was front and center today. I unfolded and refolded sheets, discarded some, gazed longingly at displays of organic bedding in catalogues, dreamed of the organic bed we will provide to guests next year and even talked with the owner of European Sleepworks in California. Finally I ordered a bunch of new linens. (The photo to the right gets taken later at Great Pond.) Once my order with Coyuchi was complete, I tried the new online system offered by Johnny’s Seeds. More dreaming went into this order: cosmos, calendula, Milk Maid nasturiums, sunflowers …. plus a few vegies. I do not think our vegetable planting will be as extensive this year. The garden will be more flowery, if I have my way. I did order five pounds of potatoes for Sven, however. How easy it is to order online! Next on my list was Dancing Deer, a Boston company, which makes the most succulent brownies I have ever tasted and that includes my own. Through the Internet, I received wholesale pricing and the offer to try samples. Can’t wait for them to arrive. Then it was time for exercise. Sven and I powerwalked over to the far side of Great pond where it is possible to view two ponds at once, and back past Long Pond. I took some photos of pine roots, exposed by last winter’s storm at one of the confiscated houses. Back at Chez Sven, I prepared Liberty Coin Suite for our guests who arrive this evening. Then it was time to bake granola and make some organic yogurt. It has been a busy day!