Saturday, May 20, 2006

Chez Sven’s Amenities 2006

Enjoying our new bathtub does not occur often, so when Seagull Cottage at last had a free afternoon, I tried out the soaking tub. I poured into the water Emz Blendz brand new Peaceful Pear bubble bath. The experience was so pleasant that I convinced Sven to try. Pure bliss! Emz Blendz is just one of the sources I sought out in order to provide 100% natural amenities, worthy of service at a green bed & breakfast, ie. they are pure and gentle, containing biodegradable ingredients.

Here at Chez Sven, we do our best to make each stay a unique experience. Guests receive a pouch of body/sunburn lotion, shampoo/conditioner, and Trillium Organics Lavender Body Polish. Those who stay longer than the minimum three days will receive a fourth treat: bubble bath, lip balm, or Emz Blendz Foaming Sugar Scrub. These little gifts can be taken home. It is a nice way to remember a good time.

I find that one of the fun things to do during quiet season is test new products. In 2006, we are adding Alabu goat milk “Baby Me” soap. I love the way it lathers up. Into the weekly pouch will go a special new 1-ounce Ocean Lotion from Osea. I originally tried Osea products with the Honeymoon Special in mind. The lotion is so incredible that I could not resist introducing it to Seagull Cottage regulars. The Osea slogan is, "Pure, immediate, simple."

Price, you say? Doesn’t providing 100% natural amenities require us to charge a higher price? Well, no. We raised Chez Sven’s rates for this our second year because of the general quality of the accommodation. I consider natural amenities a necessity. We do not add their cost to our rates.

At Chez Sven, guests really get pampered …