Saturday, February 06, 2010

Call to Action: French Film on Pesticides Needs YOU!


Doesn’t it make you angry that citizens have to fight for safe food, water, and air? Never would I have thought of myself as an activist. Oh, not me. Activists are slightly loony, in-your-face, a fringe element of society. That’s what I used to believe. No longer. I've joined their ranks. Yes, little old innkeeper me. Corporations have become so powerful that individual citizens must step up to the plate and indicate their willingness to oppose the status quo. Yesterday, it was water. In my opinion, spraying herbicides on the Outer Cape is total lunacy since most of us drink well water from a single source aquifer. (Please go here for information from the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition on how to protest NStar’s plan to spray toxic chemicals under the power lines, two months earlier than the utility company's executives promised the Select Board of Eastham.) Today, I received an email from a reader in France, requesting support of a similar worthwhile cause. A certain number of people must view the trailer below if Jean-Paul Jaud’s film on pesticides (and their probable link to cancer) is to be screened in French movie theaters. Help put Nos Enfants Nous Accuseront before an audience and perhaps one day we will be allowed to see this important documentary in the USA. While you're at it, please go to the Environmental Working Group Web site to read how the EWG president recently testified before Congress, and sign this petition in favor of the Kid-Safe Chemicals Act…